My kids spent time in the playground after school this afternoon and from across the yard I could hear and see Mr 6 getting upset and angry. I heard him yelling “STOP IT!!” and seeing other kids talking to him.
I saw it and I also hung back to see if he was able to handle the situation, but it was continuing and I also saw him looking over for me. I went toward the play equipment and him seeing me had him burst into tears and run to me.
I gave him a hug and sat down with him away from the playground.
“They just won’t stop saying that!” I finally got out of him through tears. I asked him what they were calling him and he said “A baby name that I don’t want to say!”
He calmed down enough to go back to playing but he was still bothered by the words. He was talking about the boys that did it again, so I used the opportunity to put my energist hat on alongside my mummy hat and make a difference with this.
He was able to whisper the ‘bad word’ that they were saying to him to me.
It was “Honey Boo Boo”. Yeah. Honey Boo Boo.
My understanding is that he felt like them saying it to him was him being a baby. But it doesn’t make a difference what my understanding was because I wasn’t the one upset.
To me, “Honey Boo Boo” is just a phrase, and also that girl on TV, but to him it really bothered him and every time it was said, he was hurt. This is exactly why he was shouting for them to “STOP!” and getting angry and desperate in trying to do so.
When we recognise that kids have an energy system, we can understand that things that ‘hurt feelings’ are actually energy blockages that are being impacted upon.
SO, without further ado, I’ll share what I did and how he went from not wanting anyone to say that word EVER, to it being just a word and him saying it himself, without upset.
* I firstly agreed not to say the phrase, but let him know that I could help him feel better about it. I also briefly let him know that him feeling bad about it was because the energy of the words were stuck, and that if we could move that, he would feel better when he heard it again.
* I asked him to get one of his ‘magic hands’ (it’s any old hand, but also pretty magical!) and find where he feels it when he thinks about the kids calling him that.
* I asked him to describe it – he found it in the centre of his chest and said it felt like a KICK.
* I asked him to let this kick energy move and notice whether it wanted to go: up, down, out etc.
* I asked him to follow it where it went. He followed it up and out of his head.
* I asked him to check in again, noticing where he felt it when he thought about that word. He said he couldn’t find it. I said “REALLY!? Wow! Well done, magic hands!” 🙂
* I then tested him a little. I asked him if I could try calling him that and he agreed. He wouldn’t let his sister hear, so I whispered. He laughed when he heard it, no longer hurt (wahoo!).
* I wondered if he would share the word with his sister and he refused. Again, magic hands to the rescue and I had him again find where he felt that ‘not-telling-his-sister’ feeling with his magic hands and move it through him.
* He was able to move that energy through him as well and decided to tell his sister (yay!).
* The next test was whether we could talk about it out loud (have it be a word that is free of all discomfort) and I had him picture himself do that. He instantly demonstrated with body language to me that he felt irky.. uncomfortable.
* So I had his magic hands find that too and move through him. He did that no problems at all (I am such a proud energy mama!).
* He then said it out loud! Annnnd all afternoon I’ve been hearing “Honey Boo Boo”, “Honey Boo Boo”. 😉
The saying goes:
Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me.
Names can actually hurt and inflict ‘injury’ in terms of the energy system, and processes like this can straightforwardly respond to that injury so that the hurt is tended to – as opposed to “just ignore it” or “say something back to them”.
Energetically now, this phrase that previously hurt and insulted my son, getting ‘stuck’ along the way, is now flowing right through him. Like water off a duck’s back, energetically speaking, and truly not upsetting him. Phew. 😀